Ford Diesel Technician
Last Day to Apply: April 04, 2019
Service Diesel Technician
Skilled diesel technicians are in high demand. So to keep a good service tech, you have to treat them right. Here, you’ll work alongside some of the best in the business. You’ll also be responsible for diagnosing and repairing client and dealership vehicles while maintaining a positive relationship with clients who return with unsatisfactory work. We run an honest shop and need honest, hard-working techs. Only those who value integrity and ethics need apply.
We’re looking for candidates who are Ford Certified Technicians. We’re especially interested in hearing from you if you are a Ford Master Technician or you if you are a diesel or transmission certified technician. Ideal candidates should be focused, quality minded, and willing to support Gator’s “Fix It Right the 1st Time” philosophy. Candidates must be able to work on heavy vehicles with heavy duty parts and must also be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Examine and diagnose vehicles
- Discuss repairs with shop foreman or service advisor
- Communicate additional service requests to service advisor
- Plan work procedures in cooperation with shop foreman
- Provide labor time estimates to service advisor
- Monitor repair time and update service advisor regularly
- Maintain strict adherence to dealership policies on vehicle care and operation
- Complete story and/or documentation for client repairs
- Assist in mentoring technician trainees
- Attend company and factory training
- Keep current with factory technical bulletins
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations (such as disposal of hazardous waste)
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED (general equivalency diploma); or 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Operator Driver's License & State Inspection License
Why Gator Ford is a Special Place to Work:
Gator Ford has been a family owned, locally run Ford truck dealership since 1959. We believe in unparalleled customer service and building long-term relationships with our customers. We want our customers to enjoy every experience they have at Gator Ford and to feel at home. We know that comes with employee retention, smiling faces, and doing what’s necessary to solve a customer’s problem.
At Gator Ford, we treat our employees like family. We know that our employees touch our customer’s lives every day and nothing makes us happier than receiving rave reviews about how wonderful a customer has been treated. That’s why we have regular employee appreciation events and do what we can to make every employee feel valued.
At Gator Ford, we believe in giving back to the community we’re a part of. We regularly donate our time and money to making the world a little better than we found it. On any given day, you’ll see us volunteering at a horse farm, raising money for local schools, or helping a wounded veteran.
Here are a few other reasons why Gator Ford is a special place to work:
- We’re the largest Ford Truck Dealership in the Southeast United States
- We have a clean, modern shop and 54 service bays
- Plenty of room and lifts for all of our Service Technicians
- All work areas are well lit
- We use only the latest software and computer terminals
- We only require working on Saturdays every 4th week
- We pride ourselves in using well-maintained equipment
- We work with corporate fleets and municipalities
- We’re growing our unique accessories department
- We’re the largest Powertrain Dealer in the Southeast
- Low turnover, steady management
- On going training and development
$40,000 - $97,000+ average annual earning potential
Our benefits include:
- Health Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Provided Uniforms
- Continued Paid Training
This opportunity is offered by Gator Ford, located in Tampa, Florida. Apply today!!